On May 31st, 2012 FedEx will be switching to a Web Service to supply shipping rates in Magento. This means users of Magento CE1.5x or less or EE1.10.x or less will no longer be able to retrieve FedEx shipping rates in Magento.
Fortunately, users can install the Magento FedEx fix extension to allow users of older versions of Magento to continue to retrieve FedEx shipping rates without upgrading to Magento 1.7.
Here are a few items that our developers have learned from our installations of the new FedEx shipping fix:
- You have to have the WebShopApps “Logger” extension installed for the FedEx extension to work (but after you’ve set up the FedEx extension you need to disable it per this article – http://wiki.webshopapps.com/webshopapps-logger)
- If you are using the “Home Delivery” option you need to set “Residential Delivery” to Yes or it will show as an error.
You will need the following credentials to set up the account:
ID: (Account number)
– Production Password: (Provided in email once you sign up)
– Production Meter Number: (provided in sign up success screen)
– Key: (provided in sign up success screen)
Customer Paradigm is a full-service ecommerce solution featuring Magento website development. From 1 hour to 1000, we can help! For more information about setting up the FedEx shipping fix extension for your Magento store or upgrading to Magento 1.7, please call Customer Paradigm toll free at 888.772.0777 or contact us to speak to a real person now.