Amazon Personalize Extension for Magento 2
Leverage Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for Magento
Now Open Source / Free. View more details here on Git Hub
Introducing Amazon Personalize for Magento – an extension that allows a Magento 2 site owner to deliver personalized, real-time recommendations to end users. The Magento 2 extension allows a merchant to be able to leverage Amazon’s 20+ years of machine learning systems, and use their algorithms to power a Magento store’s product recommendations. All data is self-contained and is not commingled with Amazon in any other way.
- Personalized Product Recommendations for users
- No design file changes needed
- A-B Split Testing – built into extension
- Hosting Agnostic – works wherever you are hosted
- Price: Free Open Source Extension. More details here
- Requirements: Magento 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 (Community + Enterprise)
- Support: Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization available.
Technical Implementation Guide & Installation Instructions >>
Download Extension with Free 15 Day Trial:
How Amazon Personalize for Magento 2 Works
Machine learning for eCommerce personalization, made easy.
Case Study: Hoopologie
Hoopologie saw a $50.02 increase in average order value and a 40.5% increase in sales using Amazon Personalize.
According to Hoopologie founder, Melina Rider, “Our product line here at Hoopologie is extensive, with more than 1,000 SKUs.”
“I’d love to personalize the experience. But creating personalized recommendations for every type of user on the site would take us hours and hours every month. It’s not affordable, and I’d rather have our limited staff help our customers in other ways.
“So I was really excited to test out Amazon Personalize on our site.”
“With the extension, our customers are having a better customer experience, and that is translating to more items in the cart and higher sales.”
Technical Implementation Guide
There are five steps to installing and configuring Amazon Personalize on your Magento 2 site.
1. Install the extension on your site.
2. Authorize the extension to access your AWS account.
3. Configure the extension in your Magento admin area.
4. Allow the system to train and learn based on your historical data.
5. Add the Amazon Personalize widget to additional pages via the CMS.
A note from Customer Paradigm’s founder, Jeff Finkelstein:
I love personalization. I attended the Personalization Summit in New York City in March of 2001. Seth Godin was a keynote speaker.
But fast forward 19 years, and personalization is still out of reach out for most websites.
Personalization is hard to do. There’s a creative cost. For example, what do you display to users, what rules do you create, what customer segments need to be defined.
The problem is that rules-based personalization doesn’t scale.
That’s why our company Customer Paradigm, a Magento solutions partner in Boulder, Colorado, was so excited to work directly with Amazon’s machine learning team to build an integration between Magento and Amazon Personalize.
This extension allows a merchant to be able to leverage Amazon’s 20+ years of machine learning systems, and use their algorithms to power a Magento store’s product recommendations. All data is self-contained and is not commingled with Amazon in any other way.
Initial results for merchants like Hoopologie are positive, including a higher average order amount, and increased clickthrough interaction on the site.
But you don’t need to take our word for it. We built an A-B split testing system right into the extension, so that a merchant can test the effectiveness of the machine-learning recommendations.
Here’s how the extension works:
1. The extension is installed on your Magento site. This will work with Cloud Commerce, open source, and will work if the site is hosted at AWS or at a different data center. The recommended products area on the site will load asynchronously, so that page load time will not be impacted even if the site is hosted outside an AWS data center.
2. Within the AWS console, a merchant will create a user that has access to the Amazon Personalize service and S3. If you don’t have an AWS account, it’s easy to set up a new account.
3. In the Magento admin area, you’ll enter in your AWS credentials, and then the extension will comb through the historical purchase, add to cart and click-through data on your site, and will upload this data so that a machine learning recipe can comb through and train in the data.
- Products viewed, catalog items, and past customer purchasing behavior
- Real Time Event Tracking: Any time an anonymous or logged in user views a product page, adds an item to the cart or purchases an item, this event is sent to the AI training solution.
Again, all data is self-contained in your own account, and is not commingled with Amazon in any other way.
4. Once the Amazon Personalize service has been trained, product recommendations will automatically be displayed on the product pages of the site. No edits need to be done to design files.
To add recommendations to another area of the site, the extension includes a widget that can be added to any CMS page or block throughout the site.
For example, maybe you want to save visitors that reach the dreaded 404 page on the site. It’s easy to add in the personalized recommendation block, in just a couple of quick and easy steps.
5. Measurement and tracking. The system has a built-in A-B split test, so you can measure the effectiveness of the personalized recommendations. You can have the system display recommendations 0%, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the time. The system will also track purchases in the Magento database and add the personalize or control flag to the sales order admin grid view.
It also will tie into your existing Google Analytics tracking, too, using the tag manager. By measuring the effectiveness of the personalized recommendations, you can determine how frequently you want to retrain the system. A link to purchase the extension is above, and includes a 15 day free trial.
Advanced personalization is no longer beyond the reach of Magento store owners. Any good eCommerce site is built on a solid platform of great products and a great system that makes it easy for the end customer to find what they’re looking for. And that’s where Amazon Personalize is able to help.
My passion is helping businesses like yours leverage the power of the Web to aggregate customers according to interest, and not geography. 12,600+ projects later, I still love what we’re doing, and I love that the premise of the company – customer-centric thinking – is still just as valid and relevant today as it was back in 2002.
Back then (before Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, the iPhone, Amazon Prime, Gmail or Shopify), I saw that the companies that were succeeding online were the ones that were focused on the end customer experience.
The name of the company, Customer Paradigm, was based on the assumption that end customers increasingly have control over their purchasing experience. Buying online, interacting with people based on interest instead of geography – all of this was made possible by the Web.
In 2002, we helped businesses with three things: Acquiring new customers, retaining existing ones, and interacting with them online.
In 2019, the underlying goals are the same, but strategies and tactics are in many cases radically different. And Amazon Personalize is a machine-learning engine that makes it quick, fast and easy to add artificial intelligence / machine learning to your site.
My favorite part of the day is talking to business owners like you to discuss your digital marketing goals, and see if there’s anything I can recommend that may make your Magento site or your brand more successful.
Let me know – I can meet here in Boulder, or over the phone – 303.473.4400.
Thanks! — Jeff
Customer Paradigm founder Jeff Finkelstein has been called a “Web Guru” by the New York Times.
Certified Magento Developers
Need help with a Magento – Amazon Personalize integration? We’re here to help!
Based in Boulder, Colorado, we are happy to work with you to install, configure or train you on the Amazon Personalize system, for your Magento Commerce site.
Featuring top-tier Magento development and innovative digital marketing. Contact us today for more information.
Customer Paradigm’s Free No Obligation Consultation
Since 2002, we've completed more than 18,600+ successful web development and marketing projects for our customers.
Based in Boulder, Colorado. We speak English, work during normal US business hours and respond quickly.
We have worked on hundreds of eCommerce systems that process tens of thousands of transactions per day. We know the best practices for working on high-volume, live production systems (as well as low-volume basic Magento systems).
Low Prices for Amazon Personalize Developers
Our prices are low, but our quality and customer service is high. Unlike other web development agencies we also offer firm quotes for your project, so you know what to expect when you receive your bill.
Small Projects Are Okay
We work with small 1-2 person companies, as well as some of the largest corporations in the world. We know you might want to test out our team first, before you commit to a larger project. And we’re okay with that. We have no minimums for working with us.
Bug Free Code
Our programmers write bug-free code that works! We have a dedicated team of testers to ensure that the delivered Amazon Personalize programming works as requested.
Direct Access to a Developer
You’ll get the name, email address and direct phone number of your Project Manager and Developer that is in charge of your Amazon Personalize project. Our Project Managers keep you apprised of your project’s budget and progress, and also ensure that your needs as a client are met exactly.
We Answer the Phone & Emails
We know that this shouldn’t be something we have to mention, but we do pride ourselves on our ability to have a real person answer the phone during our business hours, and we make sure to respond to all email requests promptly.
Open Office Format
We work together in an open-desk office in Boulder, Colorado. What this means is that if someone has a specific question about an Amazon Personalize programming task, they can ask anyone else very easily.
Free, No Obligation Consultation About Amazon Personalize Integration:
Problems We Solve:
- Amazon Personalize Integration & Help
- Amazon Sales Channel Integration & Help for Magento
- Making it easy for customers to find you via Google and other search engines.
- Helping you keep in touch with your past customers and prospects via cost-effective personalized email.
- Designing websites that creates a positive, trusted impression for an organization.
- Guiding prospects effortlessly through a sales funnel, using a six-step process to build trust and develop a relationship.
- Keeping a website up-to-date with fresh content, professional images, video, podcasts and blogs.
- Allowing an organization to easily update their website without any special training or software.
- Making it as easy as possible for customers to make purchases on an eCommerce site.
- Speeding up slowwwww sites.